Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Back to Indira Nagar Ward - September 19, 2016

Hello Beautiful People!

I hope you are doing well.

Last Thursday I came back to my own area (Indira nagar ward). It is good to be back but I also miss the other area and the people there . I had a wonder  Experience  with good companions.

The day when I came here, we met with a Investigator Prabhu. As we discussed many thing he opened up that how can he have faith in god(Jesus Christ). I first explained him about Experiment on our faith and we will know whether it be of god or something by its fruits. Then my companion shared the scripture from Hebrew 11:1

1. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"
and that I again felt the spirit to share the scripture from Alma 32:28

28. "Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me".

I expounded this verse and told him Scripture also tell us how we can take care of the seed, then showed him Alma 32:41-43

41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.

43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you".

For these verses he said no need of explanation; that he understood and was clear about the principle.

My companion also explained to help him and we were running out of time and we wrapped our lesson and my companion was about to say a closing prayer(We did not ask him because he was too Shy to pray always) and at that moment miracle happen Prabhu stopped him and said 'CAN I PRAY' ?
s
We were surprised and we were looking at each other's faces and we said 'Yes'
As he prayed I felt it was the most sincerebprayer that I have ever heard.
We knew the Spirit was there and it was working on him that time.

Our another Investigator 'Akash" was able to attend church yesterday But Prabhu did not come. I think he will take some time to come.



Love,
Elder Shrestha

No comments:

Post a Comment