Monday, April 4, 2016

The Real Meaning of the Atonement
I Am Growing Spiritually
March 23, 2016

Good Morning Everyone,
How are you all doing?
I am doing well here. Yesterday was full of Sport.
In the morning we played Cricket and in afternoon we played volleyball as a Zone activity.  I think my complexion is getting darker and darker every day .

This coming Saturday is Transfers.  I'll will be getting a new companion this coming week.

As this is Easter time we are sharing message about Easter to everyone.
We had a really nice week in learning about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Before my mission I had never given a deep thought about it, but the past week taught me lot of things about the marvelous and precious gift which our Savior has given to us. I know we cannot even comprehend how much Christ had to go through by performing the Atonement for us and in return he just wants us to "Keep his Commandments". 
I was never a guy who use to be more serious about keeping the commandments except some, but going to Temple helped me in recognizing that how important it is to keep them.  The Atonement gave me the hope and desire to keep them. I've learnt one thing very clearly; until you get a desire to do something, it does not matter who tells you to do it.  You have to have your own personal desire to keep the commandments.  But when you do get that desire, you will do your very best to accomplish your desire. 
On this Easter season, I think one of the gifts which I can give to the Lord is Keeping his commandments and give my best in his errand. 

I wish you and your family a very Happy Easter...!! :) 
And also a happy Holi to all my friends...
--
With Love Elder Shrestha 

No comments:

Post a Comment