Monday, July 18, 2016

Meeting with the New Mission President - July 18, 2016


Hello
How are you all?

This week we met with our new mission president and his wife.
They came to Rajahmundry as they were doing a tour of mission areas.

I was very happy to meet them and know them. and I also had an Interview with the new mission president so he could get to know me better also.

The week here went well and smoothly.

As I was reading my scriptures, I found some that I would like to share with you.  It is found in Alma 26:12-20 in the Book of Mormon. 


 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
 13 Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice?
 14 Yea, we have reason to praise him forever, for he is the Most High God, and has loosed our brethren from the chains of hell.
 15 Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting light, yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work.
 16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
 17 Who could have supposed that our God would have been so merciful as to have snatched us from our awful, sinful, and polluted state?
 18 Behold, we went forth even in wrath, with mighty threatenings to destroy his church.
 19 Oh then, why did he not consign us to an awful destruction, yea, why did he not let the sword of his justice fall upon us, and doom us to eternal despair?
 20 Oh, my soul, almost as it were, fleeth at the thought. Behold, he did not exercise his justice upon us, but in his great mercy hath brought us over that everlasting gulf of death and misery, even to the salvation of our souls.
Loads of love 
Elder Shrestha

No comments:

Post a Comment